Can be frozen
Conservation time at fridge
Method for the cake base
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until you have a dough like consistency. This may take a little bit of time, seeing as the nuts are quite stubborn to grind.
- Place/line parchment paper inside your mold of choice (15cm x 15cand lay the blended crust mixture down evenly
- Place the crust in the freezer while you work on your berry cherry filling for about 10 mins
Method for the filling
- Combine all ingredients for the filling in your food processor and mix until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Place the filling over your crust, spreading it evenly, and leave it in the freezer to sit for at least 3 hours or keep in the fridge overnight, which is what I usually opt for (the overnight option); it allows the flavors to rest and be absorbed better.
- Store the cake in the freezer but make sure that when you take it out to grab a slice, you place it right back quickly to avoid spoilage
- Let it rest at room temperature 15-20 mins before enjoying
- Best kept a week in the freezer, or 3 days in the fridge